Bread – the ultimate comfort food. Breadsticks are even better. Crisp and delicious, this baked food is made for eating with your favorite sauces and creamy dips.
You got fresh breadsticks from Olive Garden, but ordered one too many. Maybe you misjudged how hungry you or your diners were and are now looking at a stack of edible flour sticks. You’re not keen on throwing them away.
Why discard these when you can make a nice snack option out of these tomorrow or the next week?
So, if you’re wondering,
Can You Reheat Breadsticks?
You can reheat breadsticks from Olive Garden and any other leftover bread.
While this isn’t insta-reheating stuff, with a bit of patience and time, you’ll get almost fresh breadsticks.
We will be discussing a few ways in which you can transform those breadsticks into ‘dip worthy’ food.
How to reheat breadsticks from Olive Garden?
You can basically reheat leftover bread in four ways.
Do you remember we showed you how to reheat leftovers from Taco Bell? This employs similar techniques.
One of the methods is recommended by Olive Garden (if you’ve taken note of the instructions printed on their takeaway bag).
The second is the next best method after the one approved by Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Fazoli and bakeries.
The other two are what I’d call the last resort (not a great one), but works when you don’t have other options available.Descargar gratis KMSPico, activar windows 10
Without further ado, we present the conventional oven, air fryer, microwave and the stovetop steamer.
Ready to reheat them in each of these useful kitchen appliances?
But before you get the breadsticks ready, you do some little food prepping to ensure the food reheats well.
How To Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks In The Oven?
It goes without saying. The conventional oven is, by far, the most efficient method of reheating a breadstick. You don’t end up with soggy breadsticks, and they still taste delicious.
If you want the warmest, softest breadstick that retains the crispy exterior, the oven is the best appliance for reheating.
Before you reheat, remember to save the Olive Garden packaging. Steps for using your oven:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (170°C). Place the breadstick in the original packaging. If you’ve thrown it away, wrap the bread in foil or parchment paper.
- Lay it on a baking tray and bake for 5 to 8 minutes. Check bread frequently to ensure it is hot and soft.
- Remove when it’s hot enough to your liking. Let it cool for a minute before you serve/eat with sides or dips.
Related: Batch cooked your family favorite casserole? Find out how to reheat the leftovers for another tasty meal.
Reheat Breadsticks In An Air Fryer
Did you know your air fryer acts like the traditional oven? You can heat and reheat leftovers including breadsticks in it.
Here how you get yourself some warm breadsticks:
- Preheat the air fryer at 350°F (170°C) for 3 minutes. in the original packaging. If you’ve thrown it away, wrap the bread in foil or parchment paper.
- Place the breadstick on the basket. You can brush some olive oil or butter on top to prevent the crust from turning hard. Air fry for 4-5 minutes. Flip the breadsticks and reheat for 1 to 2 minutes more.
- Remove when it’s warm and ready to serve. Let it cool for a minute before you eat it.
Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks In Your Microwave
Microwave tends to dry out things and this is what you don’t want to happen to your breadsticks.
The microwave is sometimes the only device you have at home or at your workplace. Which means you have no choice in the matter. Either eat cold breadsticks or take a chance.
Follow these steps to best reheat breadsticks:
- Remove the bread from the packaging as the foil-lined material is not microwave-friendly.
- Damp a paper towel or thin and clean kitchen towel. Wrap your bread nicely in it. The moisture prevents the breadsticks from drying out.
- Cover the damp napkin with a dry one and place it on a microwave-safe dish. The second wrapper helps lock in the moisture.
- Reheat on medium for 30-60 seconds. Remove and check.
- If you have to repeat this for some reason, don’t reheat for more than 10-15 seconds (and ensure the napkin is still damp).
- Remove and serve/eat with sides or dips.
Interested in other ways to reheat your breadsticks. You can heat the breadstick over a skillet, in a steamer or a toaster oven.
If you’ve recently bought an air fryer but don’t know how to use it, this article should get you started.
Reheating Olive Garden Breadsticks In Toaster Ovens
I haven’t mentioned the toaster oven as a separate method, because it is like your standard oven. The reheating process will work in much the same way.
- Preheat the toaster oven to 350°F (170°C). Place the breadstick wrapped in the packaging in the chamber. If you’ve thrown away the cover, wrap the bread in foil or parchment paper.
- Lay it on a baking tray and bake for 5 minutes. Check bread frequently to ensure it is hot and soft.
- Remove, cool and enjoy soft, crispy and warm breadsticks.
Can you Reheat Extra Breadsticks with Steamer Baskets?
Have you tried warming bread with the steaming technique? If you don’t have any of the appliances we’ve mentioned, you can try the steamer basket.
Steps to steam heat your Olive Garden breadsticks:
- Add 1-inch water to a wide bottomed skillet and heat it over the stovetop.
- Rest a steamer basket on top. Make sure the water doesn’t submerge the bottom of the steamer.
- Wrap the breadsticks in kitchen towel or paper napkins and add to the steamer basket when the water starts boiling.
- Cover the basket with lid and steam for 7 to 8 minutes. Check frequently to ensure the breadstick doesn’t get soggy.
- Remove, cool and serve.
Depending on the and number of basket tiers (2 or 3), don’t add more than 2 to 4 breadsticks in each basket. This allows for even heating.
Reheating Pizza Hut, Fazoli And Bakery Breadsticks
Are you thinking of using one of these methods to reheat other breadsticks?
Yes. You can pull this off. Before you know it, you’ll have warm and delicious bread waiting to be eaten.
You’ve got some yummy and warm breadsticks from Olive Garden, and prefer to store these for later. What should you do?
Related: Want to slice your breadsticks to make croutons. Should you use German knives or Japanese knives for cutting bread?
How To Store Breadsticks
The best way to retain the taste, crispiness and tenderness is to store them at room temperature, either on the countertop or dry part of the pantry.
Tip A: Always cool fresh breadsticks to room temperature before placing them in a bread box or airtight Ziploc bags. Vacuum seal your bags, if possible or squeeze out excess air from the bags.
Tip B: You can also store cooled bread wrapped in foil or parchment paper on the countertop or the pantry shelf away from heat or water sources. Avoid plastic as it will trap moisture and turn your bread soggy.
Tip C: While it’s best to store bread at room temperature to retain their softness, this is not always possible when you live in a hot climate or a humid place with a lot of moisture in the air.
In such cases, it is better to store your Olive Garden breadsticks in an airtight container in the fridge. This way, you not only prevent the bread from drying out but avoid other food odors on your breadstick.
Tip D: Freeze the breadsticks to enjoy them on a later date. Avoid moisture or condensation and flash freeze them
Curious about freezing other foods, say, smoked salmon? This guide has all the answers you need.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Can You Freeze Breadsticks?
Olive Garden breadsticks can be stored in the freezer for up to
3 months. Thaw and reheat them in the oven or air fryer.
How Long Before Olive Garden Breadsticks Become Stale?
These breadsticks remain fresh for 4 days when stored on the counter. Keep them in the fridge in an airtight container in hot weather. Freeze them for longer term – 3 months
Reheating breadsticks can be touch and go! But if you’re stuck with excess food on your hands, reheating is often the only way to enjoy them almost fresh.
I’ve shared four different and uncomplicated techniques to reheat those – tender and crispy by turns – breadsticks. You’ll also find suggestions on storing your breadsticks to prevent them from going stale or losing their taste and texture.
Which of these methods do you prefer to reheat breadsticks from Olive Garden? Let us know in the comments.
- Best Air Fryers From The USA [Survey Results & FAQ!] - January 30, 2023
- How to Reheat Olive Garden Breadsticks [Best 3 Methods] - January 12, 2023
- De’Longhi Vs Philips Air Fryer[Pros & Cons Charts Plus More!] - November 9, 2022