Air fryers have become a popular kitchen appliance in recent years, and if you own one yourself you will agree. In fact, some of the world’s largest retailers like Amazon and Target reported all time highs in air fryer sales during the last few years. Indeed, the nifty air fryer is one of America’s favorite cooking tools.
Air fryers offer a healthier alternative to traditional frying by using hot air to cook food. This provides crispy, moist and delicious meals without the need for excess oil.
Among the many air fryer brands on the market, the Philips air fryer has gained a loyal following (like myself) of home cooks who swear by its superior performance and versatility.
The Philips air fryer is more than just a convenient kitchen gadget. Owning one has become an obsession for many who can't imagine life without it. From cooking crispy chicken wings to baking mini cakes, the Philips air fryer has revolutionized the way we cook and eat.
The Philips air fryer is a reliable kitchen gadget and although issues are rare, this doesn’t mean it is impossible.
Why Does My Philips Air Fryer Keep Turning Off?
If you regularly use different kitchen appliances, you understand that sometimes things can go wrong. As with any device or gadget, it is prone to imperfections and may start to act up from time to time.
If you have been facing this issue and have been searching for solutions, we have developed a fool-proof plan to troubleshoot your Philips air fryer in times of need.
Keep on reading to find out how.
One of the more annoying problems that consumers face with their air fryers is it continuously turning off without rhyme or reason. There is nothing more irksome than this, especially if you are attempting a long cooking project like dehydration.
Related Reading: Can My Philips Air Fryer Dehydrate Food? [Recipe Idea + How To].
There could be several reasons why your Philips Air Fryer keeps turning off. The culprit is the fan. Here are common causes and their solutions:
- Overheating: If your air fryer gets too hot, it may automatically shut off to prevent damage. This can happen iwhen you use it for an extended periods of time. Another reason is it has been placed in a confined space without a way for all the hot air to vent out. Solution: Allow the air fryer to cool down for a few minutes before turning it on. Make sure the appliance is placed in a well-ventilated area.
- Blocked Air Vents: If the air vents in the air fryer are blocked, it can cause the fan to stop working. Solution: Make sure the air vents are not blocked. Cean them regularly to prevent buildup of dust and debris.
- Faulty Fan: If the fan itself is faulty, it may stop working altogether. Solution: Contact Philips customer service to get the fan repaired or replaced.
- Power Issues: If there is a power outage or surge, it can cause the air fryer to shut off.
Solution: Check the power supply and make sure that the air fryer is properly plugged in.
If none of these solutions work, we recommend that you contact Philips customer service for further assistance. You can find relevant customer service information on the Philips website.
Do not feel cheated that you put full faith in your air fryer only to find out it has faults. Accidents happen. To learn about other amazing air fryers, check out this list of some of the best air fryers from the USA.
Lets dive deeper into what makes the fan to malfunction.
What Causes an Air Fryer Fan to Stop Working?
Sometimes, an air fryer turning off is a clue towards a larger problem. Commonly, air fryers that turn off for no apparent reason tend to stop working down the line.
The root cause can be hard to narrow down. We’ve compiled the top reasons why the fan in your air fryer ceases to work below.
The various reasons include:
- Motor Issues: The most common reason why your air fryer fan can stop working is due to issues with its motor. Over time, the motor may wear out or fail completely. This can be due to age, heavy usage, or other factors.
- Power Supply Problems: If your air fryer is not getting enough power, the fan may not work. This can be due to an issue with the electrical outlet or the power cord.
- Complex Blockages: Blockages in the air vents can prevent the fan from properly circulating air, causing it to stop working. This can be due to a buildup of dust, debris, or other substances. Try cleaning your air fryer thoroughly. Remember, you can dishwash most parts of the air fryer.
- Overuse in short period: If the air fryer gets too hot, it may automatically shut off to prevent damage. This can cause the fan to stop working as well.
- Deeper Wiring Problems: If there is a problem with the wiring of the fan, it may stop functioning normally. This can be due to a loose connection, a damaged wire, or other electrical issues.
If your air fryer fan is not working, first check for blockages in the air vents and ensure that the power supply is working correctly.
If this does not fix the issue, contact the manufacturer or a professional repair service for assistance. Do not try to disassemble and reassemble the air fryer yourself.
Before you call in technical experts, here are some detailed tips on
Troubleshooting Air Fryer Issues
Step 1 - Check the Power Source
The first thing you should do when your Philips air fryer keeps turning off is to check the power source. Make sure that the appliance is properly plugged in and that the outlet is working. If you've been using the air fryer for a while, it's possible that the cord may have become damaged. If this is the case, you should replace the cord before using the air fryer again.
Step 2 - Clean the Air Fryer
Another reason why your Philips air fryer may be turning off is due to a build-up of grease and food residue. Over time, this can cause the air fryer to malfunction. To prevent this, make sure to clean your air fryer after each use.
Use a soft sponge or cloth and warm soapy water to clean the interior and exterior of the appliance. Pay special attention to the heating element and fan, as these are the areas that tend to collect the most grease and food residue.
To better protect your air fryer, always ensure that there is a tile or glass board underneath your air fryer. This will protect your countertop and your air fryer. For more information, read our article, What To Put Underneath an Air Fryer to Protect Your Countertop.
Step 3 - Check the Timer and Temperature Settings
If your Philips air fryer is turning off while you're cooking, it's possible that the timer and temperature settings are incorrect. Check the recipe you're using and make sure that you've set the correct temperature and cooking time.
Ensure that the timer is set for the right amount of time. You may have accidentally set the timer for too short a period (for example 1 minute), which could cause the air fryer to turn off before the food is fully cooked.
Step 4 - Allow the Air Fryer to Cool Down
Sometimes, the Philips air fryer may turn off because it has become too hot. This is especially true if you've been using the air fryer for an extended period of time. If this happens, allow the air fryer to cool down for a few minutes before using it again.
When the above techniques have failed,
Step 5 - Contact Philips Customer Support
If you've tried all of the above steps and your Philips air fryer still keeps turning off, it's time to contact Philips customer support. The company offers a range of support options, including a customer service hotline, email support, and online chat. Provide them with as much detail as possible about the issue you're experiencing and they should be able to help you troubleshoot the problem.
Remember, owning a Philips air fryer is all about experimenting with different recipes and cooking techniques. If you've experienced issues with your air fryer turning off in the past, it's important to troubleshoot the problem before trying to cook with it again.
Follow the steps above to identify and fix the issue, so you can get back to cooking up delicious meals and experimenting with new recipes.
Is there a way to keep your device working properly?
How to Prevent Your Air Fryer from Turning Off
Give your Philips air fryer some TLC (tender love and care) every once in a while and you will find it can last you a lifetime. Here are a few points to bear in mind.
- Clean your air fryer after every use
- Use non-abrasive cleaning solutions
- Don’t scratch the surface of the air fryer with metal utensils
- Ensure the air fryer is well ventilated
- Don’t plunge your air fryer into water
How to Fix Other Air Fryer Problem Scenarios
Sometimes when kitchen appliances break, there is never a “one size fits all” solution. Here are some possible scenarios that may arise if your air fryer keeps turning off and what you should do about it:
Air Fryer Scenario
The air fryer's buttons are not responding
If the buttons are not responding, try cleaning the air fryer buttons and turning the appliance on and off. If the issue still remains then reach out to Philips customer support.
The air fryer's display screen is not working
Try wiping the display screen. Check the appliance manual to ensure you are using the screen in the correct manner. If the issue doesn’t go away, give Philips customer support a call or submit a help ticket.
The air fryer turns on and off randomly
Check the control panel and give it a good clean. It could mean something is stuck inside the edges of the screen. If the problem continues then contact customer service.
The air fryer's temperature or timer settings are not accurate
Turn the air fryer on and off again. If the issue persists then maybe consider calling Philips customer service for assistance.
Remember that a faulty control panel is a rare occurrence. Contact Philips customer support for help on this issue and they will be sure to help you out!
How do I Contact Philips Customer Service?
If the above does not work then you can always visit their website at www.usaphlips.com for help and more information.
At the end of the day, it is important to take good care of your Philips Air Fryer. Afterall, owning one of these appliances takes diligent care as they are a kitchen investment!
We know it is a hassle if your air fryer keeps turning off. If your air fryer is still not cooking properly after just a few minutes or even seconds of cooking, try our hacks above. Call the Philips customer support line when these fail to solve the recurring problem.
Do you have any other tips on preventing an air fryer from randomly turning off? Let us know in the comments below.
- Can You Use Aluminum Foil in the Air Fryer? [Five Tips & Tricks] - January 23, 2024
- How to Cook Frozen Onion Rings in the Philips Air Fryer [Step By Step Guide] - July 20, 2023
- Why Does My Philips Air Fryer Keep Turning Off? [Solutions & More!] - June 8, 2023